Saturday, March 13, 2010

Charlotte, N. C. And Family

Children seem to grow up right before your eyes. That much is so true for Sydney Mae. Although I just spent a week end with her and family in early February for Daniel and Ashley’s wedding, Sydney has added so much to her vocabulary and personality in only a months’ time. With children, so it seems, time does go by so fast.
As the weather has warmed considerably since I left Tennessee, we have had the opportunity to enjoy the out of doors. Today we visited a horse stable facility in the Charlotte area called Latta Equestrian Center. What can be said about witnessing a child’s pure excitement in seeing and petting full grow horses. Music to your ears is what I would call it. Children seem to put into words what we as adults just plain enjoy, mostly in a non verbal way.
Notice my granddaughter’s artistic ability too. She will, I am sure, someday have her own coloring studio, and of course she will be the mistress of all coloring instructors. Observe that concentration…..
Time with family is important and I have enjoyed my time again with Lisa, Sydney and Chris. The frequent photo updates that I have received from Lisa over the years, is no way as much fun as being here in person.
I have visited a few travel trailer facilities here in Charlotte, and am seriously thinking about purchasing a small pop up camper for the rest of my journey. As a much needed convenience, I added a car top carrier in Tennessee for all of my “stuff”. I always over pack, and as this trip is scheduled for an undetermined amount of time, have once again done the same, way over packed. Hence the car top carrier. Now a rethinking about my comfort has led me to strongly consider the pop up as opposed to tent camping. I guess you will see photos if I have in fact decided to purchase the pop up.
As I am enjoying myself immensely, I should remain in Charlotte for at least another week or so, with my next stop being Washington D.C.
Enjoy a few photos….TC



4 comments:

  1. Glad the weather is getting warmer for you Terry -- It's still pretty cool here in Florida - and very windy too!! Loved the photos of the old houses and the Clydesdale in Tennessee! And the photos of your grandaughter are grand!! You do know that without any children to gauge our ages, we would never be getting older!! At least that's my opinion!!
    Your plants are still alive - though not very happy with our cool nights -- Enjoy the rest of your time in Charlotte and I'm looking forward to hearing about your days in Washington D.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey terry, i REALLY hope u get this message, i have never responded on a blog before and couldnt figure it out for the life of me. I wanted to thank you very much for your comments on here and it was very nice meeting you also!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also lived in ohio my whole life, funny you are there right now! i moved to maryland in 1987. I grew up near Toledo, which is near cleveland. hope to hear back from you soon, learning this blog thing drove me crazzee!!! LOL smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the concentration level is very high! The photos captured with the bubbles are priceless.

    ReplyDelete