Sunday, May 23, 2010

Train from Durango to Silverton Colorado


I was told not to miss the train ride from Durango to the mining town of Silverton Colorado while I was at Mesa Verde.  It is only 46 miles east of Mesa Verde and a ride worth while. The train and route is an original, from 1882.
I arrived at the station just in time to purchase a ticket and board a four hour ride back in time.  At only 12 miles an hour you get an opportunity to see what I call once in a lifetime sights.  I'll let you judge that with the pictures to follow.  Once in Silverton, I ate lunch at Handlebars and walked around the old town that from what I am told, has not changed much in a 128 years. On the way back I decided to take the bus route back which offers a different and faster way to my home in Mesa Verde.  It was a relaxing ride that allowed me a welcomed cat nap.  Enjoy the pictures. TC...


Smile when you say that pardner!

Ok, everyone move to the left, slowly.....
                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment