Friday, May 28, 2010

Traveling to Capitol Reef National Park, Utah

Traveling from Canyonlands National Park to Capitol Reef is no less amazing than any other part of Utah that I have seen so far.  I have included some pictures defining that statement, but it seems that every time I look at my choices, it doesn't appear to do that effectively.  Enjoy anyway.
Capitol Reef seems to me, the most beautiful campground that I have visited to date.  There is so much to see and the configuration of the mountains are beautiful.  There is a 9 pm evening program every night in the amphitheater about the park and related subjects like how the mountains were formed 22 billion years ago.  Intellectually you say, OK now I know, but then you see them and say, how did that happen?  Truly ridiculous and fantastic.  Enjoy.  TC...
                           Different parts of Utah, different color mountains.
                                          I call thisTwo Big Feet.
I am camped under the trees to the right of the large camper on the left.

Upcoming t entries; day trip to Bryce Canyon and a great hike to Cassidy Arch, actually named after Butch Cassitdy.

                                                                                           

1 comment:

  1. Hi Terry: This is Marge, the woman you spoke with in the laundromat in Mesa Verde. You aren't too far behind us. We just left Capitol Reef. We were very impressed with that park too. Now we're in Yellowstone staying in Gardiner, MT. We've been to the southern portion of the park but never up here. Wonderful! I also "stole" a phrase you used when we talked. "There's not enough adjectives to describe the place." Travel safely.

    ReplyDelete