Friday, June 4, 2010

Grand Canyon North Rim, Arizona

You will note that this entry and the previous two were written on the same day, June 04, 2010.  I am camped in the Kaibab National Forest, in the De Motte campground which is 18 miles from the entrance to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.  I am currently at the Lodge which is just down the road a piece and enjoying free wifi and a great cup of coffee.  The pictures you see of the canyon were taken yesterday.  I had planned on a few hikes today, but had these entries on my mind, and also my shoulder was acting up. On my last hike in Capitol Reef, which actually was the easiest, I somehow lost my footing and hit the sand with a blop, on my right shoulder.  I am ok, but deceided it best to just relax a few days.  I will be going back to see the canyon again today as it is most spectacular, without the hikes.  The North Rim is not crowded and gives a much different view then that of the South Rim that I saw in 2003.  Enjoy some Photos.
TC...                         
                                   It's the shirt, not fat, just the shirt!
                                                       

Well, maybe a little fat!
Snow in June, in Arizona, at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
                                                           

3 comments:

  1. you are too funny. Hope your shoulder is feeling better by the time you read this..I like the North Rim too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take Care Of Yourself Brother---your not as young As me-------Hope your shoulder improving---Again Great pictures-----The" Canyon" Is to much for words.Have Fun, enjoy yourself, stay safe.
    Albert

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your shoulder is better!
    You look great !
    Love you

    ReplyDelete