Friday, June 4, 2010

One Day In Zion National Park

Zion campground was FULL, so the sign said.  And by all the traffic in the park that was very true.  So my only alternative was to camp outside of the park and pay $38.96 with tax.  Now normally that may not seem like much money, but when you are camping and are used to paying a mere pittance, it's way too much!
Really the crowds are mainly what only kept me there one day.  Way too many people.  Having said that, the park is nothing short of amazing.  The tunnel you see me enter and leaving is 1.1 miles throught the mountain and was built in 1930.  Before entering the park my camper was measured and only met the requirements by a few inches. Enjoy some photos.  TC...
On line to enter the park.
                           Checkerboard Square is the name of this beauty.  
My one day home.
                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment