Saturday, June 19, 2010

Post Script to Yorsemite and Sierra National Forest

I have always said that it is the people I meet along the way that are as much of the whole traveling experience as the sights that I see.  Well my camping neighbors in the Sierra National Forest and Spring Cove campground proved that statement to be so very true.  I had the good fortune to meet four married couples and their kids from the California town of Santa Barbara.  They are all friends that met at the church they were attending and share the love of camping.  I was invited to join them for dinner and a wonderful evening of laughter and interesting conversation. I will always remember Judy's "What If" question game now only as Judy's game.  And Debbie's laugh will be always be imprinted in my memory as part of what I found so interesting about Yosemite.
Rob, when you figure out the internet please let me know too.  I enjoyed our converstion very much.  Glad I am not the only one wondering about that and other things too.
Thank you all for accepting me, if even for only one evening of great fun.  Thanks Debbie and Rob, Judy and Dennis, Beth and Rich and Jill and Will. And Ashely, keep saving your money for that car.  I think you will have to beat the boys off with a stick.  Good luck with that Beth and Rich.  Enjoy a few pictures.  TC..
                                                      

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time!
    I bet they will always remember you too Dad.
    Love you and miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete