Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sequoia National Park, California


From Death Valley to Sequoia National Park is a healthy ride of over 300 miles through some obscure desert towns that have gone the wayside by our failing economy.  Mining towns that have had better days, although, beautiful, hot and dry landscape that finally brought me to my destination.  Unfortunately there was no room at the inn so to speak and as luck would have it I found a great little private campground a few miles from the entrance to the park.  Actually it was several miles of winding, twisty roads that leads up to the park.  Roads that were under repair, as most of out national parks seem to be. Budget cuts.  The Sequoia trees are not to be believed until you see them for yourself.  Enjoy some photos.  TC...
                                       Yes, I was holding it up, what of it?
                                                 Goiter problem!
My motto, slow down...and enjoy...
Moro Rock.
                                                                            

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't believe the trees. And I can't believe you held up that big rock all by yourself!
    Eating your Wheeties?

    ReplyDelete